Sunday, August 12, 2012

Youyou by Yougourthen




Yougourthen and I

Today was an overall amazing day! Mostly because I helped my dearest friend, designer Yougourthen, launch his Spring 2012 collection, Youyou by Yougourthen. This is his first ever collection, so he was pretty excited and nervous. When I asked him what was his inspiration for the collection. He looked at me surprised and sweetly said, "I actually don't know, it just came to me." And laughed afterwards. I definitely see him as an original designer (unlike my other favorite designers), since he has a strict policy on not looking at others work. It's quite hilarious because when I ask him about Wang, Wu, and Balmain. He would ask me who they were! He is a completely isolated designer, and I admire that. He doesn't want to follow trends yet, until he is required to. Please look at the rest of his work. It will be posted on this Wednesday and Thursday. It's impressive for a fourteen year old. 

Did I mention he was fourteen?

Like his Facebook page!

Follow him on twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment